Level42.com

From the blog

RIP Allan Holdsworth 1946-2017

Level 42. Guaranteed Recording Sessions. Photos courtesy of Patrick Eden.

6 comments

1. John - 20th April 2017 9:37 pm

Came here, once learning of his passing. Thanks for the great “Guaranteed” session photos. Great to pull this memorable record out again and reflect.

2. JOHN E VINCENT - 21st April 2017 5:16 am

Mark. So sorry to hear of the loss of the great Allan Holdsworth. I had the chance to meet him years ago here in Seattle when he was touring with Wackerman, Haslip and Pasqua doing their Tony Williams tribute. I found Allan alone at the bar nursing a cold one. I got up my nerve to sit next to him as he was finishing up his beer. He was kind enough to chat with me for a while and one of the things I mentioned to him was how I was a huge Level 42 fan and had really enjoyed his work with you guys on Gauranteed and if there was any possibility of him hooking up with you guys again. His whole countenance changed and he smiled widly and said he had such a great time making the record with you that he hoped that would happen and soon. His whole attitude changed for the positive talking about you and Gary and the rest of the guys. Sorry that never happened for the two of you. His artistry will be sorely missed. Which leads me up to. When are you fellows coming back stateside. I have not seen you since the old Parkers Ballroom in Shoreline WA. that was too long ago to think about. Parkers is a car lot now. P.S. Thanks for signing my Retroglide DVD. I framed the insert.

Best Always. John Vincent

3. kyle carson - 22nd April 2017 6:53 am

R.I.P. to a true legend

4. Greg Nicolson - 22nd April 2017 7:10 am

This is sad news. When I think of Alan Holdsworth I think of the photo in the middle of the booklet with Guaranteed. I know he was part of the Level 42 family and will be missed.

5. Martin pound - 22nd April 2017 8:24 pm

Faboulous man and musician rip

6. steven c smith - 25th April 2017 3:54 am

i’ve been a huge level 42 fan since ’82. then i got into allan holdsworth in ’85. when gary husband joined them for staring at the sun i was like “wow!” but when guaranteed came out with gary AND allan, i thought “this is too cool and crazy at the same time!” my favorite band and all-time favorite guitarist on the same recording. guaranteed is one of my favorite L42 recordings, mainly because of allan. i’m glad he got to do this with them.