Photo copyright: Christie Goodwin.

Dates up-dates for y’all……

Ahoy Friends International! A list of confirmed dates as of 6/4/10 so there’s no excuses for you not to be there..

May 28th Belgium, Neerpelt Neerpelt (open air)
June 6th Japan, Tokyo Billboard Live
June 7th Japan, Tokyo Billboard Live
June 9th Japan, Osaka Billboard Live
June 12th Holland, Emmen Open Air 80’s/90’s festival
June 20th Germany, Kiel NDR Radio Stage
June 26th Switzerland, Rapperswill (30 km South of Zurich) Jazz‘n Blues Festival Rapperswill
Open Air at the Marketplace
July 2nd Switzerland, Lugano Estival Jazz, Main Square (open air site)
July 17th Tamworth   UK Tamworth Castle (open air)
July 18th Guildford   UK Guilfest Fetival, Stoke Park
July 21st Baltimore, Annapolis  USA Rams Head
July 22nd Washington DC, Alexandria  USA Birchmere
July 23rd New York   USA Nokia Theater at Times Square
July 24th Philadelphia, Glenside  USA Keswick Theater
July 25th Pennsylvania, Pittsburg  USA The Altar Bar
July 28th San Diego, Solana Beach  USA Belly Up
July 29th California, Anaheim  USA Grove Of Anaheim
July 30th California, San Francisco  USA Regency Ballroom
July 31st California, Los Angeles   USA Club Nokia
August 19th Isle Of Man Villa Marina Royal Hall
August 21st Temple Island Meadows (near Henley-On-Thames)   UK Rewind Festival

Really looking forward to seeing you there mates, ( more dates to come……. )

Love to all, Mx

58 Comments

1. bakkerbas
    Posted 8 April 2010 at 9:38 |

I don’t know if I can be everywhere, but i’ve got tickets for Tokyo, Emmen and Manchester.

See you guys soon,

Harry

2. Posted 8 April 2010 at 12:28 |

Hello !!

I’m very glad to be Mr.Harry’s friend. :)

This year will be sooo happy all over the world !!!

WE ARE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE THEM … ;)

Mika

3. mary
    Posted 8 April 2010 at 13:03 |

GUILFEST!!! Great/wonderful/brilliant! and only 20 minutes down the A3! :)

4. MIKEY42
    Posted 8 April 2010 at 15:07 |

SEE YA IN CALIFORNIA – WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!

5. Posted 8 April 2010 at 15:45 |

San Francisco and Los Angeles here we come!!

6. Frank
    Posted 8 April 2010 at 15:55 |

Way to go bakkerbas! Hey guys, don’t forget HOLLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 festivals are NOT ENOUGH! By the way concrats with your aniversary!
    I’m going to Londen on the 22th!!

7. onlyhumanafterall
    Posted 8 April 2010 at 18:07 |

I cannot believe this is really happening! Just bought two tickets for the Birchmere in Alexandria. Thank you guys for doing this, it is a dream come true!

8. ltakacs
    Posted 8 April 2010 at 20:04 |

Hungary waits for you, guys!

9. Julianne
    Posted 8 April 2010 at 20:35 |

Yaaay!! I am beyond excited for this!

10. drumstix
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 0:13 |

The 2008 tour ‘Canadians’ are looking forward to sseing you again in Annapolis, Alexandria, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh! We wish you an awesome tour of NA!

11. ollor
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 1:43 |

My tickets in the mail today for Philly!! Just saw the show date for Pittsburgh. Can I convince my girlfriend?? I have 3-1/2 months to do it!!

12. CanadaBass
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 1:58 |

Come on Mark…how about a Toronto and/or Montreal date? Please? There are a LOT of fans that want you to play Canada once again.

13. deemaglee
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 14:43 |

Looking forward to the concert at Birchmere! This fulfills a 20 year old wish of mine to see you all in concert. I couldn’t afford your albums when I was a teenager, much less a ticket to a concert. Thanks Mark & Co.

14. pogy0120
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 16:18 |

very very happ!! I wait to return in Japan.I get ticket all ready.

Please exciting in Japan tour!!

15. GovernorCarli
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 17:55 |

Please tell us you’re working on Toronto.

16. davidleslie
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 19:31 |

Can ya sneak in Columbus Oh July 26? I’ll be there for the Pittsburgh gig but this way I can catch you twice!

17. OuttaSite
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 19:39 |

Another vote for Toronto. I’m in no collusion with the other fans here. We just all wanna see you rock this city again!

18. Nature
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 21:58 |

“more dates to come….”

Okay, what about Budapest, Central-Eastern Europe?

Nature from HuNgArY

19. drumstix
    Posted 9 April 2010 at 23:53 |

Pleeeeze, Mark. Massey Hall, Toronto……. it’s ‘guaranteed’ you’ll fill it. You have the beginning of August open possibly? …… on the 5th would be an awesome birthday present for moi!

Tell Mike L. that York ….er, Yonge St awaits his (and your) return!!

20. ltakacs
    Posted 10 April 2010 at 12:19 |

Dear Nature, please check your link! It doesn’t work. Show to us something beautiful about our contry or something else, why has to L42 and everybody come to Hungary.

21. dj jamie b
    Posted 10 April 2010 at 16:07 |

yeeh bloody haa!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya’ll at the Birchmere!!…Isle of Wight to Virginia…fan-bloody-tastic. get your dancing shoes on guys!!!..cheers jamie b

22. Paul Theriault
    Posted 11 April 2010 at 8:43 |

Outstanding news that Level 42 are coming to North America!!!

Mark, please bring the boys to Toronto this time through too please. Toronto will never stop diggin’ on 42. This town needs a drop kick of funk that only Level can bring, so please, bring it.

23. Posted 11 April 2010 at 18:23 |

Just got FRONT ROW for San Francisco! I’m still in shock…

24. roc51
    Posted 12 April 2010 at 12:56 |

Hello to the band! As the band is headed to Japan, is there any chance for a detour to Australia? Would love to see you guys for the first time here in Melbourne!

Still never seen the band live and been a fan for 27 years…

All the best on your 30th Anniversary Tour…

Cheers,

Rob

25. tess1972
    Posted 12 April 2010 at 16:48 |

PLEAAASE say you’ll come to Dallas (or somewhere close to us) the 25th or 26th! I’m desperate! I’ve already purchased tickets for October dates in England and can’t quite afford to fly elsewhere!!! Love you guys so much and would be so sad if I had to miss seeing you here in the US! Love from Texas…

26. Philou
    Posted 12 April 2010 at 17:38 |

Bonjour L42! I just got them! Front row, standing! I can’t beleive it. It has finally come true. (My horoscope was right after all). I will be seeing Level 42 in New York City, this summer.
    All the best also on your North American tour this year.
    MERCI BEAUCOUP LEVEL 42! ( Mark, can I bring my camera to the show? )
    À bientot.Philou

27. Ian Branson
    Posted 12 April 2010 at 21:12 |

At Last!!!!

I’ve waited twenty-five years to catch them here in the States.

I still have my unused tickets I bought for the Jazz Cafe nearly ten years ago, but could not get the time off work to fly to the U.K. to see them.

Looking forward to seeing them at the Grove in Anaheim, California.

28. davidleslie
    Posted 12 April 2010 at 21:46 |

OK ,I didn’t get front row but I’m all set for the Philly show and will try to talk the Mrs. into stopping in Pittsburg to catch the gig there on the way back home!

29. davidleslie
    Posted 12 April 2010 at 21:47 |

BTW Pittsburg on sale date is April 24
    $25 in Advance
    $30 day of show
    Doors 6pm Show 7pm 21 and over (sorry little LevelHeads)

30. drumstix
    Posted 13 April 2010 at 18:17 |

Hey David, Where did you find the on-sale date for The Altar? I’ve been searching the bar’s website and Ticketmaster to no avail. Does your source confirm whether The Altar is general admission or seated? Thanks.

31. Moorand
    Posted 13 April 2010 at 21:54 |

Please don’t forget the U.S.Midwest.
    (Milwaukee would be nice.)Thank You.

32. davidleslie
    Posted 14 April 2010 at 16:06 |

Hey Drumstix, I emailed Angela Fec who with the Alter Bar’s booking office and she replied with the on-sale date and time.

Looking at some of their other shows and layout it looks to me that the Alter is going to be GA. That’s why I opted to road trip to Philly as that venue is seated and I’ve never been to that city.

Angela’s email is altarpgh@gmail.com (it’s also posted on the Alter Bar site) so you might want to check with her if they plan to seat or just leave it GA.

Peace,
    David

33. drumstix
    Posted 14 April 2010 at 22:03 |

Thanks, David. I e-mailed Angela the day the confirmed dates were posted here, and I just received a reply yesterday, but no answer on my GA question – we’ll have to wait for the Ticketmaster posting. I see the concert is now announced on the Altar’s calendar page.

Enjoy the Phillie show, & hope you make it to the Altar!

Brian

34. Maxx42
    Posted 14 April 2010 at 22:10 |

Agree with Moorand,

Milwaukee Summerfest is always a hit and L42 would be right at home performing by the lake.

Maybe even on the Harley Davidson stage? If I remember hearing right Mark owns a Harley bike. Afterwords Mark and the band could take a tour of the Harley Davidson headquarters up the road.

Maxx42

35. Nature
    Posted 15 April 2010 at 21:41 |

Hello Takács! :-)

Thanks to pay attention to my comment. I put the link again.
    You know, I think it is one of the best Budapest image film. I like it and I hope others like too. :-)

I hope, it is okay. So, please come to our place in Central-Eastern Europe. We are waiting you!

(Szerintem lobbizhatnánk együtt ez ügyben.):-)

Nature from HuNgArY

36. Posted 16 April 2010 at 0:03 |

Well, I did find an excuse: No gigs in Denmark!!! I’m confident that this will change sometime soon.

37. Posted 16 April 2010 at 11:12 |

I have waited a long time for this and am flying from San Francisco to NYC to meet my 2 brothers for the concerts in NYC and Philly and then when Level 42 hits San Francisco I’ll be there at the Regency…..probably crying..haha, I’ll be there any way…..;)

Gonna work on a personal shirt too…for the three of us…

Thanks, Mark and Mike….this is going to be a great year for my brother’s and I.
    Whoot!

Greg Del Savio

38. dbs
    Posted 16 April 2010 at 15:33 |

Anyone else going to the Pittsburgh show??

39. tess1972
    Posted 16 April 2010 at 19:06 |

Okay…after careful consideration of my finances, I’m ditching my plans for UK and making as many shows possible here in the US! I’d be a fool not to! See all you Levelheads in Cali, VA, MD, etc…Dallas (hint, hint) ;) Love from Texas…

40. campos13
    Posted 16 April 2010 at 21:03 |

At last!! I thought I would never have a chance to see Mark Live. I recently picked up playing bass a few years ago again and never realized how much i missed it. I can’t wait to see you finally brotha Just bought my tix for Belly Up venue and scheduled to buy tix tomorrow for the Grove show. If you planning on any other non-show apperances. a huge bass fan of your playing style as I too was also a drummer in my early days and would love to get some insight on your playing.

Jazzed to hear you guys are comming back to the states!! Freakin Awesome!!
    Best Regards and safe journey…..

41. 4Badco
    Posted 16 April 2010 at 22:56 |

Long time fan from California, just soo glad to hear about the tour and the shows announced in my neck of the woods. I am so stoked, just over the moon!!! Great news!

42. 4Badco
    Posted 16 April 2010 at 22:58 |

Any body else have a Level 42 whistle from the good old days? I’ve got mine!!!! :)

43. Posted 19 April 2010 at 4:02 |

Whoevers going to Club NOKIA in LA see ya all there !!! Cori Graves & Kitty Armstrong !! :)

44. Posted 19 April 2010 at 4:59 |

See everyone in San Francisco and Los Angeles!

45. Britz
    Posted 19 April 2010 at 21:17 |

I’ve just read that you are going to play again in Kiel, Germany. Saw you there at the Kiel Week last year – simply brilliant. So now I’m really looking forward to seeing you again.
    I have been a fan ever since a concert in Hamburg at the beginning of the 80s. :-D
    Will there be concerts in Denmark, too???

46. davidleslie
    Posted 20 April 2010 at 17:23 |

Got my tickets for the Philly show in the post on my birthday!

Now if we can just figure a way to keep that volcano quite so there won’t be any flight delays

47. Hevver
    Posted 26 April 2010 at 20:17 |

Am so looking forward to seeing you at the Rewind Festival, had ‘Something about you’ full blast in my car today – FABULOUS!!!!

48. ollor
    Posted 28 April 2010 at 5:00 |

have tickets to Baltimore and Philly!!!

There is a chance I cannot make the Philly show on the 24th of July. 9th row center. If anybody is interested – let me know.

49. Peggy
    Posted 29 April 2010 at 2:27 |

If there’s nothing coming to the Midwest, U.S.A., I’m going for a major road trip to Pittsburgh.

Please tell me I’ll get to see Mx thump his bass the Chinese way!

50. drumstix
    Posted 1 May 2010 at 4:07 |

Hey Ollor, contact me at drumstix@rogers.com with the row number (letter) for your seats…I might be interested.

51. morbass
    Posted 12 May 2010 at 22:28 |

Pennsylvania to California is a long way. Need to stop over in Texas (Dallas) for some good Mexican food, BBQ and drop some Brit-funk on us!

52. Peggy
    Posted 13 May 2010 at 19:05 |

morbass,

Just get your tickets for the August 1 show at the Crown Theater in the Rio. My friend from Austin, TX is meeting this Iowan there! http://www.thecrowntheater.com

Check back here for possible forthcoming info on a post-concert get-together in Vegas…

53. Posted 16 May 2010 at 12:20 |

Mr.Mike Lindup,
    I have great expectations for your performance.

Mr.Nathan King,
    I think you’re the cool “guitarman”. ;)

Mr.Sean Freeman,
    I want to listen to your beautiful play …

Mr.Pete Ray Biggin,
    I’m very looking forward to hear the “new sounds”.

And…

Mr.Mark King,
    I’m always adore you and your music.
    That I’m going to meet you is just like a dream.

Mika

54. vocanada
    Posted 27 May 2010 at 16:13 |

Hey Mark, You can’t pass us by in Canada.I was at 3 of the 4 shows in the Toronto area back in the 80′s. The last show you opened for Maddona, We left before she hit the stage. You were in a cast and not moving so well. Waited 20 plus years for you and the Band to make it back. See you in Toronto ???? V.O.

55. drumstix
    Posted 28 May 2010 at 2:08 |

Hey vocanada,

Out of curiosity and for my own education, I know of:

Massey Hall Summer ’86 (was there)
    CNE (w/ Madonna) Summer ’87 (passed on that one)
    Maple Leaf Gardens Fall ’87 (was there)

but where was the fourth concert in Toronto?

BTW, with the latest ‘more dates’ announcement, I’ve officially given up seeing the band in Toronto this year(!) but will still have the pleasure of going to 4 shows in the US!

56. vocanada
    Posted 31 May 2010 at 16:57 |

Hey Drumstix, The 4TH show was at The Circle in the Square in Kitchener. L42 were the headliners. Hoping they make here for show #5. VOCANADA.

57. drumstix
    Posted 1 June 2010 at 18:08 |

Thanks for the info, Vocanada. Was the Kitchener show on the ’86 World Machine tour or the ’87 RITF tour?

58. vocanada
    Posted 4 June 2010 at 17:10 |

Hey Drumstix, It was a long time ago. But I think it was the World Machine Tour .V.O.